Coverage under NHI for off-island medical care are approved by the Medical Referral Committee and certified by the Healthcare Fund Administrator. A care that is approved for off-island referral means that Palau local hospital and clinics lacks the ability to provide adequate treatment.
How do I qualify for Off-Island Referral?
What about Airfare Coverage?
Transportation Benefits under NHI:
10. For Philippines, HCF will book airfare tickets for both patient and escort. HCF will purchase airfare expense for patient only. Family escort will self-pay airfare cost directly with United at local office.
11. HCF Administrative Assistance to schedule final briefing for patient and escort a few days before departure to referral location. Click here for briefing guidelines.
7. Copayments are paid at the Social Security Administration Office. Patient will be given an invoice for copay collection.
8. HCF Administrative Assistant to coordinate with Airline agent for booking to referral location (Taiwan or Philippines).
9. For Taiwan, HCF will book airline tickets for both patient and escort with China Airlines. HCF will pay for the patient’s airfare expense and escort will self-pay airfare cost by providing a form from China Airlines to Bank of Guam for payment. China Airlines will confirm booking and advise HCF staffs.